Yahoo mail is one of the oldest email services to ever exist when it comes to the emailing world. The email service has been one of the best if not the best email services and rightfully so as the platform offers tons of great filters and features along with new updates regularly which makes sure that the user gets a great overall emailing experience.
You can even use third-party email clients to access your Yahoo mail and you can do so with the help of Yahoo IMAP settings. In case you are one of those users, who want to set up their email account on third-party clients like Outlook, read the blog till the end to know how to do so as today's blog is about the same.
The application passwords also play a major role in all of it as these one-time passwords allow the users to access their email account without having to enter their account password, given that they have set up a two-factor authentication method for your email account.
But that does not mean that you will not face any login issues as most of the times, the user forgets that they set up the two-factor authentication method in the first place which is why you need to make sure to access your email account with the use of your login details and then generate a one-time mail password to proceed further.
Given below are the Yahoo mail incoming server settings that one needs to add in the new account section in case you are setting up your account for the first time.
- Yahoo Mail IMAP server: type imap.mail.yahoo.com in this field
- IMAP port: enter 993 in this field
- IMAP TLS/SSL: tick yes for this field
- IMAP Username: enter your full Yahoo mail address
- IMAP password: type out your Yahoo mail password or your app password
- Yahoo Mail SMTP server: enter smtp.mail.yahoo.com in this field
- SMTP port: fill out 465 or you can also use 587 as an alternative
- SMTP TLS/SSL: tick yes for this field
- SMTP username: enter your complete Yahoo mail address correctly in this field
These simple settings can help you in accessing your email account on third-party clients once you have set up your email account there.
For more info or queries regarding the Yahoo mail settings, you may need to visit the help and support center of Yahoo.
Learn more - Manual Configuration For Yahoo Pop Settings